Friends of Koko Head Meeting Minutes
Thank you to Jen Broomell for continuing to paint activities on the playground structure. And to parents who donated snacks and prizes for Bingo Night.
Chris Magpoc created a logo for the 65th year Anniversary, will be for sale.
- Principal report: 7 security cameras just went live, records for 10 days and refreshes. Each camera has its own DVR, hooked up to network.
- No one monitors. If we have a lock-down, we can have a view of entry points.
- State-grant funded.
- AC units: submitted DOE electrical request for our campus to be looked at by the DOE.
- 280 participants: highest turnout at Bingo Night
- Next event: Stem Night, September. Interactive Science Show, Elemental Minds. No registration limit. Fliers will go home this Thursday for registration.
- Stacey send e-blast
- CPK fundraiser, helps fund STEM nights
- Michelle will send another round of notification about the Cobra contributions
- New Art/Yoga teacher. Friends of Koko Head supports this new teacher, for example.
- Cobra Contributions: do Mahalo Postcards to everyone who did contribute for something for tax write-off purpose and to show appreciation
- Family Movie Night: Not A Friends of Koko Head Fundraising event. Students will fundraiser.
- Fourth Graders Do want to come to movie night. Spaghetti ?
Halloween Trunk O Treat. Oct 25, 2019
- Get flier for Trunk O Treat Thursday
- Jack O Lantern contest
- Grown-up Costume Contest or best family costume
- Cake walk
- Spooky House, will keep it G rated.
- This year, will give it a lot more notice
- Set-up of trunks usually start at 5pm
- 6:30-8:30 pm
- Bring paper bags from grocery store for kids to collect candy. Jen will supply bunch of paper bags to decorate
- Recycling Drive: signage updated. Banner to put on the recycling bin.
- Fifth and kindergarten buddy scheduled to be responsible for end of September
65th Anniversary Luau :
Announcements: Call for Silent Auction Donations
- Notify Community: Contact Neighborhood Association. Contact Midweek to publish in The Voice
- Kapena: 6:30-7:30 or 7-8 pm, $2000. Sound person will be here for 5 hrs from 4-9pm., $800.
- Josh Toltofi: Josh is family to Kapena (should hear back today).
- Jason locked in Karlie Goya
- Send e-blast from Niu Valley
- Activities for Kids: first hr and a half:
- Coach D will be playing dinner music
- Kaiser High School Jazz Ensemble: Come and Play
- Niu Valley: Hawaiian Choral Group
- Kapena: 7-8 p.m. be the closers
- Food: $15 a person: all inclusive, poke and full menu. Bring servers. Ask if she could get the kitchen. Potential for 800 tickets. Enough servers to take care of that amount of people…1.5 hr line.
- Foil. Kalua pig, chicken long rice, squid luau, lomi salmon, poke, rice, poi, pineapple, haupia and sweet potato. NEED 4 serving lines. 30 days in advance
- She would need half deposit at the 30 day mark. Will be plenty with Seconds.
- Beverages not provided…Juice and water…COSTCO donation to help towards 65th anniversary.
Shaved ICE: ? Possibility. 2 trucks. 10 percent kick back?
Saturday Event: New Hope Hawaii Kai, they can lend 1 20 by 20 tent, 1 10 by 30 tent, 4 pop-ups, 30 round tables that seat 8, chairs if they can be returned that night. Kaiser’s stage, can talk with the lead set-up guy.
How do we recognize the VIP tables.
Stage decorations: do we want to provide a commemorative gift to everyone who attends.
Silent Auction is the key event: contact local businesses and hotels.
- Donations to be attached to something tangible.
- A wood block/plaque/rock dedicated and engraved with a donor’s name to display on the campus. A wall of visionaries. Jeff will research the protocol to see if we can pull this off.
- VOLUNTEERS needed: off-duty officers?
- Do we have a standard letter to businesses and hotels to ask for donations?
- We would need a group of volunteer ushers
- Wristbands for food line.
Costco to donate leis and drinks.
Block-off entertainment with some visible markers. Ushers to enforce.
Attendees: Stacey Lui, Janice Olmstead, Ron Cahoon, Tamua S., Jen Broomell, Jason Ching, Michelle Schall, Maggie Hong, Anne Wood, Tarah McFall, Glen Nomura, Jeff Shitaoka, Rita Hanohano.